Shawn wrote:
> I did peruse the bugs list at the FreeBSD web site curious as to what
> the current outstanding issue list was, and felt compelled to see if
> there was anything left open that I might put my hand to and felt a bit
> overwhelmed. I noticed that there are over 2,000 some entries with some
> dating as far back as 1996. So, I wasn't exactly sure where one would
> begin there either.

There's a wide range of options, from the expensive to the free
online stuff.  At the high end, we have:

$1300   https://www.mckusick.com/courses/introorderform.html
$1500   https://www.mckusick.com/courses/advorderform.html

At the low end, we have things like:

        http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
        http://www.vsi.ru/library/Programmer/fbsdkern/

You could also look at the "Blue Prints" column at the web site

        http://www.daemonnews.org/

<http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=blueprints&sp-k=Monthly+Ezine&sp-a=sp10015f36>

There is also a "new users" section there:

        http://www.daemonnews.org/new2bsd/

And there is always the mailing list archives:

        http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/

-- Terry