Bruce M Simpson wrote:
On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 08:46:46AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:

Anyone else see this type of thing before? I did some research on the lists but all I ever saw was a problem with reading resolv.conf. That's not the case here, because it's definitely picking up the nameserver from that file.

The fact that sshd requires reverse IP resolution is well-known behaviour. It's probably the most common FAQ about sshd ("Why is my login taking 60 seconds to present the password prompt?").

But what about:

     VerifyReverseMapping
             Specifies whether sshd should try to verify the remote host name
             and check that the resolved host name for the remote IP address
             maps back to the very same IP address.  The default is ``no''.

?

AFAIK, that means the reverse mapping result will not be held against you. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Steele: "Aha! We've finally got you talking jargon too!"
        Stallman: "What did he say?"
        Steele: "Bob just used "canonical" in the canonical way."