Geoff Buckingham wrote:

- This is a big problem (no pun intended), my smallest requirement is still
5TB... what would you recommend? The smallest file on the storage will be
500MB.

If you files are all going this large I imagine you should look carefully at
what you do with inodes, block and cluster sizes

fsck problem should be gone with less inodes and less blocks since if I read the code correctly, memory is consumed according to used inodes and blocks so having like 20000 inodes and 64k blocks should allow you to build 5-20T filesystem and actually fsck them.

Pete