On Tuesday 23 September 2003 15:55, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> > In message:
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >             Daniel Eischen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > : Anyone have any experience with PC/104 or other really small
> > : footprint platorms and FreeBSD?
> >
> > Yes.  Works great.  We've used FreeBSD on about two dozen different
> > single board computers.
> >
> > : We need to build a small box for equipment monitoring
> > : (temperature, pressure diff., vibration, indication).  Just a few
> > : discrete inputs/outputs, and analog inputs would be good enough.
> > : The hard part may be sampling an A/D signal at up to 30KHz, so
> > : having the I/O card do the sampling and buffer it would
> > : probably be necessary.
> >
> > I'd recommend one of the Soekris boxes.
> >
> > : Any ideas on hardware (SBC, I/O board)?
> >
> > http://www.soekris.com is great.
>
> Yes, it looks nice.  The form factor is just a bit
> larger than PC/104, especially with a PCCard plugged
> into its side.  We'd also need some sort of general
> purpose I/O card which are fairly easy to find in
> PC/104 stacking modules.

I'll join in the general chorus here.  I had one of the very early
soekris boxes and found it to be a gem.  If a 5x86 133MHz processor
meets your needs, you'll like it a lot.  I haven't tried the net4801
board, but I've worked with other Geode designs and if you need more
cpu, that'll probably do.  Good luck.

Wes Peters                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]