Igor Sysoev wrote this message on Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 12:31 +0300:
> I think it can done in the following way - a socket should have flag
> that says that sendfile() had started the reading a page.

layer violation...  how do you know that the fd is a socket?

> select()/poll()/kevent() should check this flag before the checking
> a socket buffer space.  When the page had been read this flag is reset.

So, what about using sendfile on a pipe? are you going to teach sendfile
how to interact with pipe's too?  What about other fd types?

If you made this a fd transparent operation then I would agree with
it.

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579