At 17:07 14/12/2003 -0800, Brooks Davis wrote:
On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 12:57:34PM -0800, Thor Anderson wrote:
> The computer is able to boot other operating systems from CD.  Testing
> shows Microsoft as well as Fedora project Linux boot and install properly.

hint.atkbdc.0.disabled=1
hint.atkbd.0.disabled=1
hint.fdc.0.disabled=1

Unfortnaly, you can't do that since you don't have a serial port.  The
one hack I can think of would be to try to PXE boot the CD image from
another machine.  You could then modify the loader.conf on the pxe image
to force these settings.

Given that the system can boot Linux, one option is to install linux, build a minimal FreeBSD filesystem, dd it to the drive, and reboot. If you want to be clever, you could even create a filesystem in a md root, and then run sysinstall over ssh.

Colin Percival