Hey there!

I have included a patch to adduser that allows a user to change the
permissions with which adduser sets a new home directory.  I made this
change because I ALWAYS forget to set up a default permission since most
variants of Unix already set it to 0751 for me.

I also included a diff of the man page for adduser that gives some
information about the change.

I tried testing this in as many possible ways as I could.  I'd like to
think I did a good job, but only time can tell.

Should I send this patch somewhere else or not?

William Michael Grim
Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
Unix Network Administrator, SIUE, Computer Science dept.
Phone: (217) 341-6552
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

85d84
<       echo "  -o              home directory permissions (octal)"
155d153
<       echo "mode=$mode"               >> ${ADDUSERCONF}
274,276d271
<
<       chmod $mode "$uhome";
<       info "Set permissions of ($uhome) to $mode.";
390,404d384
< # get_mode
< #     Reads an octal number (permissions) in an interactive session or batch
< #     session.  Sets the user's new home directory to these permissions.
< #
< get_mode() {
<       _input=
<
<       echo -n "Home directory permissions [$mode]: "
<       read _input
<
<       if [ -n "$_input" ]; then
<               mode=$_input
<       fi
< }
<
628d607
<       get_mode
739d717
<       printf "%-10s : %s\n" "Home Perms" "$mode"
805d782
< mode=0751
877,880d853
<               ;;
<       -o)
<               mode="$2"
<               shift; shift;
48d47
< .Op Fl o Ar mode
117,121d115
< .It mode
< You may only use absolute or symbolic modes for home directory
< permissions; see
< .Xr chmod 1
< for more information.
285,288d278
< .It Fl o Ar mode
< Set the default permissions of a new home directory using modes
< specified in
< .Xr chmod 1 .