At 20:31 06/01/2004, Mark Linimon wrote:
There are hundreds of PRs still to be processed that do have
patches -- in fact, on most days the backlog is getting bigger,
not smaller.

Speaking of which... if there's one thing which could be done to improve committer / non-committer relations, it would be to *do* something with all those PRs. The ports team is pretty good -- my maintainer updates have always been committed fairly quickly -- but I've never had a src patch committed without badgering committer(s) about my PRs.

  Don't misunderstand me; I think the project is heading in the
right direction, and committers are doing a great job.  But I
think the contributions of non-committers could make FreeBSD
even better, and those contributions are being largely lost or
ignored.

Colin Percival