On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 05:13:04PM -0700 I heard the voice of
Julian Elischer, and lo! it spake thus:

> On Mon, 3 May 2004, Kevin A. Pieckiel wrote:
>
> > I want to modify sys/param.h to increase the value of MAXLOGNAME.  I know
> I've done exactly this..
>
> edit /usr/src/sys/param.h

There's another #define in another header you have to edit.  I'll
think of it in a minute...

Ah; UT_NAMESIZE in include/utmp.h.

Used to do that all the time on 2.x.x to get 16 char usernames   8-)

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]