On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 01:59:11PM +0200, Jos? Nicol?s Castellano wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I'm proud to join this mailing, having posibilities to learn some new
> features of freebsd system.
>
> I have to mention i did some tests in asm from freebsd-devel and i get
> surprised, look at this:
>
> [demon]~$ uname -a
> FreeBSD demon.noconname.org 5.2.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p4 #0:
> Tue Apr  6 19:35:49 CEST 2004
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NocONName  i386
>
> [demon]~$ cat hello.asm
> %include 'system.inc'
> section .data
> hola    db      'Hola', 0Ah
> hbytes  equ     $-hola
> section .text
> global  _start
> _start:
> push    dword   hbytes
> push    dword   hola
> push    dword   stdout
> sys.write
> push    dword   0
> sys.exit
>
> [demon]~$ nasm -f elf hello.asm
> hello.asm:1: fatal: unable to open include file `system.inc'
>
> ?Where is that file?... the -current port of nasm is incomplete ?

I assume you are referring to the system.inc file mentioned in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/x86-portable-code.html
If so, note that this page says that you need to create this file yourself,
it is neither part of nasm nor part of the standard FreeBSD distribution :)
See the last paragraph on the page - "Go ahead, enter it into your editor
and save it as system.inc." :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Key fingerprint FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553