I'm not sure if it's what you're hitting, but Perhaps the sysctl "kern.ipc.maxsockets" needs to be raised, though it seems like you'd need a decent amount of concurrent active sessions to reach this ceiling. Also it's read-only, so you'll want to tune it in loader.conf.

-mpf

Danny Braniss wrote:

Hi,
We have a host running samba under -stable 4.10, and quiet frequently
it becomes uresponsive, hitting ^T gives

load: 0.00  cmd: ls 12807 [sbwait] 0.00u 0.00s 0% 160k

so my guess is that we are running out of some resource (socket buffer).

so, if this is true, is there some sysctl to increase?

danny