At 03:59 AM 17/07/2004, Cor Bosman wrote:

I dont want to use it for IPSEC. One of my collegues is, and thats working
fine also. I want to use it for TLS/SSL acceleration in sendmail.

I linked sendmail against the base openssl (libcrypto and libssl).

When using mozilla to send a mail it negotiates the following encryption
scheme: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA. Ive also used Kmail and outlook, which

If you look at the man pages for the hifn card and for crypto, it will list what the card supports for encryption, and what crypto supports

  Depending on hardware being present, the following symmetric and asymmet-
     ric cryptographic features are potentially available from /dev/crypto:

           CRYPTO_DES_CBC
           CRYPTO_3DES_CBC
           CRYPTO_BLF_CBC
           CRYPTO_CAST_CBC
           CRYPTO_SKIPJACK_CBC
           CRYPTO_MD5_HMAC
           CRYPTO_SHA1_HMAC
           CRYPTO_RIPEMD160_HMAC
           CRYPTO_MD5_KPDK
           CRYPTO_SHA1_KPDK
           CRYPTO_AES_CBC
           CRYPTO_ARC4
           CRYPTO_MD5
           CRYPTO_SHA1
           CRK_MOD_EXP
           CRK_MOD_EXP_CRT
           CRK_DSA_SIGN
           CRK_DSA_VERIFY
           CRK_DH_COMPUTE_KEY

if its not listed there, it doesnt matter what card you have or what the card potentially can do.

---Mike