Sean Whalen wrote:
We recently did work with the Cqual type inference tool to identify potential user/kernel pointer bugs in FreeBSD 5.3. Our paper is available here: http://www.node99.org/projects/bsduk/

We identified 5 potential bugs which we are looking to confirm with the community. Page 10 contains an example of one such candidate. More true positives may be identified by using a machine with 10 or more gigs of RAM for inter-file analysis of the entire kernel. If interested, please email me.

Sean, Coverity got to that particular bug first -- it was fixed as part of the FreeBSD-SA-04:17.procfs security advisory. Could you send the rest of these to [EMAIL PROTECTED] We'd like to look at them and fix any security issues before they are publicly disclosed.

Thanks,
Colin Percival