freebsd-hackers != DragonFly BSD Mailing List...

--Peter

Siddharth Aggarwal wrote:

Hi all,

I am responding to a post back in Oct 2003 when the checkpointing feature
was announced for DragonFly. I have been doing some research on this, and
have seen some projects that use Xen VMM to achieve checkpoints of guest
OSes.

So I was looking for inputs from people as to what everyone feels about
checkpointing, whether it should be done at the physical machine level or
VM level. Pros and Cons of each approach, if any further development was
done on DragonFly for checkpoint since then and if it was stopped, why?
Are there serious limitations to checkpointing a physical machine?

Sorry for such a vague posting, but I thought this would be a good
platform to get some feedback.

Thanks,
Sid.