Julian Elischer wrote:

Bram Van Steenlandt wrote:

Hi

For a pos system I am working on I need support for two keyboards (actually one keyboard(ps/2) and one scanner(usb)).

you can already do this..
what makes you call the scanner a keyboard?

Proabably, because it acts like one? I don't know about the USB ones, but PS/2 scanners generated keysym data, just like a real keyboard. The idea of the hardware people is "They've already got a keyboard, they take input from it, so let's make the scanner a keyboard!" It makes it easy to use a barcode reader with an application that doesn't know anything about barcodes, barcode scanners or the like.