Check out the handbook on freebsd.org and lookup 'CVSup' reading that should in hand help you to upgrade/update your system. as well as reading
the section on upgrading kernel/world.

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Amandeep Pannu wrote:

Hi all,

Seems like a dumb question but how do i upgrade FreeBSD 5.3-Release to
FreeBSD 5.3-Release-p5.
I am very new to this stuff. Not even know if I am posting in the right
mailing list.

Thanks in advance

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.