At 2:11 PM -0500 2/23/05, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
At 10:46 AM +0100 2/23/05, Marco van de Voort wrote:
I saw ARG_MAX was increased in 6.0. Recently I noticed that
the lang/fpc-devel port currently hits the old limit in
certain (though rare) cases), and this is annoying.

(some testing revealed that half the increase of 6.0
to 131k params is also ok)

Any chance ARG_MAX will be upped in -STABLE too?

For this specific example, it would be better to fix the port.

I should add to this that I have no objection to seeing it raised in 5.x-stable. I'm just saying that even if we do raise it right now, there are a lot of users who will not be helped if the value is only changed in 5.x-stable.

I (personally) would rather not see it changed so close to
5.4-release, but it might make sense to increase it in -stable
shortly after 5.4-release.  I have no opinion on what value it
should be changed to, though, if we do increase it.  I do not
work in that part of the system, so I don't know all the pros
and cons that would be involved.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]