John Nemeth wrote:
     So, is it FreeBSD policy to ignore security bug reports?  I sent
the following bug report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Feb. 19th, 2005 and
it still hasn't been acted on.  This total lack of action on an
extremely simple (and silly) three year old bug doesn't give one the
warm fuzzies.  Heck, it took 48 hours to get a response from a security
officer, and another 24 hours to get something from the guilty
developer.

I'm a nobody as far as FreeBSD src trees, bugs, etc go, but I didn't see a PR in the bug reports database (link on the left of the main freebsd.org website). This is probably why it got shuffled into a crack somewhere, but take my bits with a grain of salt.

If you haven't, please submit your patch via the bug system here: http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

Thanks for the bug find..

Eric