use ls -lo to see if there are any special flags set on the file.
man chflags for more information on the flags.

How did you delete if from linux? last I heard the linux ufs code was not very healthy.
maybe they fixed it..

Maslan wrote:

when i've extract a bz2 file containing filenames in other encodings (arabic),
the file names appears ??? and it refuses to delete , however i
deleted them from linux
but the fsck created a hard link to them in lost+found and this hard
links refused to deleted, it also created a hard link to my home
directory which also refused to delete.
is this bug in bfs or in fsck ???