thanks for the doc

It seems that in FreeBSD 5.3, Xorg is installed as default
but there is no xorg.conf  file in /etc/X11

I deinstall and reinstall Xorg manually but there is no more xorg.conf file in /etc/X11
so I can't modify the screen resolution

else when I run xorg -configure, I've a black screen

who to check the Xorg config ?

it's better to use XFree ?

hervé

Aniruddha Bohra a écrit :

Hello,

I install FreeBSD 5.3 with the standard option, the X process in /usr/X11R6/bin/X is running

So, it should be X.Org.

I run startx to start the X server

edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

I don't have any xorg.conf in /etc/X11 ?
the directory /etc/X11 is empty

pkg_info give me : xorg-6.7.0_1

Please read the following article in the Handbook :
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html

It is an excellent resource to understand and configure X.

Thanks
Aniruddha