John Baldwin wrote:
On Friday 05 August 2005 10:50 am, Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Aug 05), Thordur I. Bjornsson said:

If I want to check a sysctl value from within the kernel (e.g. an
KLD), should I use the system calls described in sysctl(3) ?

If not, what is the propper way to do so ?

Since most sysctls are direct mappings onto integer variables in the
kernel, just check the variable directly.

There's also a kernel_sysctl() function available in the kernel for in-kernel access to sysctls. You might have to lookup the OID for a given name yourself though. Actually, there's a kernel_sysctlbyname() as well.

Shoot, forgot about that function.  However, exporting data throughout
the kernel via the sysctl interface sounds like poor design.

Scott