Andreas Klemm wrote:
On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:30:51AM +0200, Florent Thoumie wrote:

Le Dimanche 11 septembre 2005 à 20:24 +0200, Andreas Klemm a écrit :

fdisk -u did the trick to interactively edit the partition table.

Confusing was then, that the previous FreeBSD partitions
/dev/ad4s3d and /dev/ad4s4d were not present anymore.

I had to use /dev/ad4s3c and /dev/ad4s4.

But now I luckily was able to mount my old filesystems.

Am now in the process of cleaning up.

Thanks for all the help.

        Too late but you might want to have a look at sysutils/testdisk.

hmmm ... are you sure that it not only displays the filling of mounted filesystems ?

From the ports description it looks to me:
"`disktool' is a good sysadmin tool for monitoring diskfull situations to avoid datafile corruption."

        That is sysutils/disktool, not sysutils/testdisk :-)

--
Florent Thoumie
FreeBSD Committer