On 10/27/05 01:20 John Baldwin said the following:
On i386, yes. It won't on sparc64 when using an IOMMU for example. The whole point of using bus_dma is to not use vtophys() since by doing that you are

righto, so for platform portability, we'd still need to use it there though.

Yes, that is fugly.  Just don't use the | versions for now I would guess.

which would mean than backporting stuff from 5.x would need to be double checked for | usage.

is this reasoning correct ?
Yes.

excellent, thanx jhb.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/