On 11/02/05 06:16 Julian Elischer said the following:
also, why do you need a pseudo device AND a device? The device driver can do all the things you have
suggested on its own.

this is so userland apps wont need to change when different devices are used. the pseudo device is the front for a number of real device drivers running different devices from a quad-span E1/T1 line card to 4-port FXS/FXO line cards. each of these cards are different, but present the same device interface to the userland app via the pseudo device driver.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/