Hi,

I am pre-loading an image (used as MFS root) from the boot loader on FreeBSD
4.9 by using 'load -t mfs_root mfsroot' in loader.conf. The size of this
image is 64M. If I have 4G of RAM in the machine, the 64M size causes the
kernel to panic almost immediately. With only 2G of RAM the kernel boots
without a problem. I have tried to increase the KVA_PAGES value to 512 but
the kernel still panics. If I decrease the image size to 40M the kernel
boots successfully on a machine with 4G of RAM. Any ideas as to how I can go
about finding (or fixing) this problem?

Regards,
jacques