on 15/06/2006 20:10 John Baldwin said the following:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 12:33, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> What is proper way to check from a driver/module if APIC is being used ?
>> Or even narrower, if local APIC timer is being used ?
>
> There isn't currently.  Why do you need to know?

There is a driver that I am working on that could change frequency of
local APIC timer by changing FSB frequency and I want to make that
driver smarter and refuse to attach if local APIC timer is used. I know
that in 6.X and CURRENT local APIC timer is always used and in 5.X it is
never used, but I want my driver to handle environment more generally.

I am thinking, can I just somehow check if IRQ0 is in use ? Would it be
something close to proper solution ?

--
Andriy Gapon