On Saturday 01 July 2006 20:01, Attilio Rao wrote:
> 2006/7/1, Divacky Roman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > afaik tendra doesnt support gnu C extensions and our srcs are full of it
> > so the only possible compilers ATM are gcc and icc
>
> That's not completely true.
> A lot of GCC stubs are masked through macros, so, with a little work
> on it, you can successful optimize the code, if your compiler has the
> same (or partial) supports.

afaik __asm is the most interesting feature that is missing from ten15's
tendra which keeps us from using it for kernel compiling.  As I understand
this is mostly due to tendra's way of constructing objects: It translates to
a machine independent intermediate language where it does all the
optimisations and only thereafter "installs" - in tendra speak - to the
target architecture.  This is quite nice for cross builds as you can do the
expensive first pass on fast hardware and do the "installation" on the
target.  It has the downside for __asm and the like.

I might be all wrong, though.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]