[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Joseph Koshy wrote:
>

>>> I would write my kernel module in C++, just like IOKit
>>> of OpenDarwin. Thus, all conflicts against C++ in current
>>> FreeBSD kernel source must be swept out firstly.

While the idea of using C++ in the kernel made me very nervous,
I have seen some places where an official subset might be useful.
is it worth having a discussion about what features of C++ (or modular C)
we would want to support and what would remain "illegal" in the kernel?

Inherritance would be noce but there are traps.. e.g.
How do you cope with classes depending on superclasses that may be from
a different
module and may have been compiled at a different time?
(i.e. the base structure may have changed)