On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I would repeat several sentences in my last reply.
Why would people write Windows application with rather MFC/ATL/.NET Framework than direct Windows API? Why is gtkmm framework created for GTK+? Would you write a X11 application with original X11 API, without QT or other X11 toolkit? I believe the answer is that all programmers are human begins, not
machines. Human programmer would reduce brainwork, even if an API
package/wrapper slightly reduces running efficiency.

And this is why office 2003 takes longer to load on a 2.4ghz machine then office 97 did on a 233.

I don't think that is a comparison you can safely make and retain any creditability.

If you want to keep the changes you made in a local tree or a p4 tree or whatever, and show us we're all wrong when you're done, thats fine. But expecting committers to drop your code into the tree for such a purpose is silly.

Jason

--
Jason Slagle