On Friday, 21 July 2006 at 23:38:00 +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Friday 21 July 2006 23:02, Robert Watson wrote:
>> I've occasionally also had weird focus problems with KDE.  Among other
>> things, it looks like occasionally the mouse release event is lost
>> somewhere in the system (or something along these lines) -- I don't know if
>> it's a driver problem, a moused problem, an X11 probem, or a KDE problem.
>> If I press and release each of the buttons, especially the third button,
>> things will often recover.  As long as the button is "held down", KDE
>> doesn't switch the focus and other events are largely ignored.  Odd, eh?
>
> One thing that IS a KDE problem is having it manage 2 distinct desktops
> (ie :0.0 [laptop LCD] and :0.1 [TV out]) - it occasionally decides to give
> the other display focus after a dialog has been closed..

Are you sure?  This sounds like the issue that Peter and I have been
discussing in the context of fvwm.

> Makes using kmail annoying because the only way to bring back focus
> is to use the mouse :(

Which reminds me of the reason for click focus in the first place: on
the machines of 15 years ago, focus following the cursor could place
an unacceptable load on the X server.  Maybe what we're seeing here is
related.

Greg