In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            John-Mark Gurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: Niki Denev wrote this message on Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 22:03 +0300:
: > On Monday 07 August 2006 21:34, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
: > > Because for the most part it is only suppose to be used by MD code...
: > >
: > > The correct way to get device's memory is to use bus_alloc_resource_any...
: > > Make sure you review the handbook on device driver writing:
: > >
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/devicedriver
: > >s.html
: > >
: > > I did a presentation at BSDcan on writing devices drivers:
: > > http://people.freebsd.org/~jmg/drivers/
: > >
: > > The handout is a cheat sheet of useful functions for writing a device
: > > driver...
: >
: > I'm looking at this right now :) Looks very useful,  thanks!
: >
: > Just one more question to clear a little confusion on my side,
: > the device that i'm trying to write/port driver for is a cardbus device.
: > Do i have to do something specific about this, or can i get away with
: > accessing/using it as a plain PCI device? (yes, it appears as pci device to
: >  the system, and is shown in pciconf)
:
: The only thing special that I believe you have to do is provide an
: additional DRIVER_MODULE line to attach to cardbus in addition to (or
: instead of) pci...  For example:
: DRIVER_MODULE(re, pci, re_driver, re_devclass, 0, 0);
: DRIVER_MODULE(re, cardbus, re_driver, re_devclass, 0, 0);
:
: Warner is the expert on cardbus, so, if you have any questions, you
: could drop him an email....

cardbus and pci are the same, unless you need to dig information out
of the CIS.  The only reason we still have both pci and cardbus lines
is due to an obscure bug deep in the heart of newbus that prevents
kldload'd drivers from properly probing when it is absent.

Warner