The section 4.11.1 "Removable Media Status Notification feature set"
of ATA/ATAPI-7 (http://t13.org/docs2004/d1532v1r4b-ATA-ATAPI-7.pdf) reads,

d) Host system periodically checks media status using the GET MEDIA
   STATUS command to determine if any of the following events occurred:
- no media is present in the device (NM).
- media was changed since the last command (MC).
- a media change request has occurred (MCR).
- media is write protected (WP).

                                               From Beijing, China

Sean Bryant wrote:

Thanks anyway :(
On 8/14/06, Dag-Erling Smo/rgrav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Sean Bryant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> How about when media is loaded. I have a detection routine that'll ask
> for media, but what about when any media is loaded? Is there some kind
> of event or some way I can be notified.

Sorry, no.

DES