--On 20 October 2006 14:01 +0300 Kostik Belousov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 11:56:33AM +0100, Karl Pielorz wrote:

I have a crash dump from it - which I've saved (I'm moderately familiar
with working with dumps, but this one is split into two?)

If anyone has any pointers, or can do some hand holding to get more info
from the dump, or what to do next time it happens?

See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kern
eldebug-deadlocks.html

Thanks for the link! Anyone know much is all that lot (such as INVARIANTS/WITNESS) etc. likely to slow the machine down? - A few percent? More?

I'm just a little hesitant to put it all in, and end up with a machine that's 80% slower :(

-Karl