Hallo,

I wanted to change my $firewall_script to be able to stop the boot and
go to single user mode. So I added "kill -TERM $$" (like in some other
rc.d scripts).

But the system failed to go to singel user mode, I got only "can't get
/dev/console for controlling terminal: Permission denied".

If I kill moused (started by devd) before the "kill -TERM $$" in my
$firewall_script the system goes to single user mode as expected.

Is this my fault? Adding "killall moused" to be able to go to single
user mode seems strange.

Thank you,
Nicolas

--