Vishal Patil wrote:
I have recently moved over from Linux to FreeBSD and would like to know if
there is something similar to UML (User Mode Linux) for doing kernel
development for FreeBSD. Reading different mailing lists, wikis etc it seems
that "qemu" seems to be the best option. Is this tool used by most of the
FreeBSD developers?

I have used vmware in the past but I think that it probably
isn't running at the moment..  qemu is probably the closest...
Couurently I use a separate machine connected via serial console
and a debugging serial connection for gdb. (you can pick up an
old headless pentium PC good enough for this sort of thing for
about 200 dollars if you look around.. You can probably get one
for free if you try hard enough.. it doesn't have to be fast..

Thanks.

- Vishal