Robert Atkinson wrote:
I used mpd at one point for a proof of concept to do this, it did work
pretty well with 2 dsl modems, 756k
being bonded into one 1400 link. It did have problems, but I think I got
greedy by using openvpn to push compressed packets through it. Keep the vpn
out of it :)

It is a good idea, since any single link from the users on one side of the
connection(s) can use all the available bandwidth for one link.

MLPPP is the way to go for sure, mpd implements it, since from what I
remember reading, most of the MTU bugs are gone and it's just like the old
'shotgun' modem technology.