On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:35:44AM +0100, Attila Nagy wrote:
> On 01/11/07 02:01, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> >>Yes this would be very good, especially if this wouldn't be a production
> >>machine or if I could reproduce this on a test system. But neither of this
> >>are true. :(
> >>
> >>Maybe I will try it on a sleepless night, in the maintenance window, thanks
> >>for the idea.
> >>

> >Try forcing a fsck, sometimes bizarre FS panics are due to filesystem
> >corruption.
> >
> I've already thought of that, but in that case the FC array must be bad,
> since going with only the locally attached disks in the mirror, the error
> doesn't appear...

Silent data corruptions happens, look for example at the "problem with
4T volume under FreeBSD" thread on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'd suggest configuring geli with data authentication on top of the FC
array. geli will detect silent data corruptions.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://www.FreeBSD.org