Daniel O'Connor wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to port miniupnpd (http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/) and by in large it seems to work fine (evil idea as it is :) However it spews out a lot of..
miniupnpd[13010]: sendto(udp_notify): Operation not permitted

According to my reading of the man page it is not possible to get this error unless I'm using jails (which I'm not). The code in question does..

you can get it from the firewall too..

memset(&sockname, 0, sizeof(struct sockaddr_in));
sockname.sin_family = AF_INET;
sockname.sin_port = htons(PORT);
sockname.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr(UPNP_MCAST_ADDR);
while(known_service_types[i])
{
        snprintf(bufr, sizeof(bufr),
                         "NOTIFY * HTTP/1.1\r\n"
                        "HOST:%s:%d\r\n"
        n = sendto(s, bufr, strlen(bufr), 0,
                (struct sockaddr *)&sockname, sizeof(struct sockaddr_in) );

(line 278 of miniupnpd.c).

Can someone shed light on what the problem is? The application appears to work fine even with this error though.

I am running it on a FreeBSD 6.2 system.

Thanks.

PS please CC me as I am not subscribed.