Hi Guys

It is my pleasure and honor to announce the availability of
the unionfs patchset-19-20070504. p19 is second patchset after
its merged of FreeBSD. Our improvements works of unionfs are
going step by step. p19 is milestone release.

Patchset-19-20070504:
   For 7-current
     http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/unionfs-p19-20070504.diff

   For 6-stable
     http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/unionfs6-p19-20070504.diff

   Changes in unionfs-p19-20070504.diff
     - It has been became MPSAFE.
     - Default copy mode has been changed from traditional-mode to
       transparent-mode. Some folks who have reported some issues
       have solved with transparent mode. We guess it is time to
       change the default copy mode. The transparent-mode is the
       best in most situations.
     - Fixed kern/111262 issue.
     - Added support of vfs_cache on unionfs. As a result, you
       can use applications that use procfs on unionfs.
     - Removed unionfs internal cache mechanism because it has
       vfs_cache support instead. As a result, it just simplified
       code of unionfs.
     - Added whiteout behavior option. ``-o whiteout=always'' is
       default mode(it is established practice) and
       ``-o whiteout=whenneeded'' is less disk-space using mode
       especially for resource restricted environments like embedded
       environments. (Contributed by Ed Schouten. Thanks)
     - Fixed a mtx lock issue happened with nullfs.
     - Fixed lock issues around unionfs.
     - Added NULL check code pointed out by Coverity. (Pointed out
       by Stanislav Sedov. Thanks)

The documents of those unionfs patches:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/  (English)
  http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/index-ja.html  (Japanese)

Request for Test:

  Unionfs lovers including FreeSBIE developers, ports cluster managers,
  heavy memory-fs users and folks use unionfs, could you try p19 please?

Merge plan:

  I have plan to commit unionfs-p19-20070504.diff to -current after
  received unionfs users responses.

Thanks

P.S.

I am going to join BSDCan 2007. Lets meet at Ottawa, Canada :)

--
  Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi