Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:46:14PM -0400, Ighighi wrote:
Calling F_MAXFD everytime we close a file descriptor would be heavy having too much fd's. On the other hand, it wouldn't make much a difference to just start from getdtablesize() - 1.

I fully agree. That is the second version of closefrom in DragonFly --
for the purpose of libc_r BTW.

This is silly..
All the code needed to do this is already in the kernel.
It's needed at exit time.
Make a syscall as a front end to it and be done with it.

Joerg