Eric Anderson wrote:
What is the easiest way to play with modifying data in-transit within an ethernet bridge?

For instance, say I have something like this:

[BOX 1] <----> [ BOX 2 ] <----> [ BOX 3 ]

And BOX 2 is a FreeBSD box with bridging enabled between two ethernet interfaces, how can I parse/modify the ethernet frames as they pass through?

a netgraph bridge can do that (you can hook two ng_bridges together
and capture all the packets that flow between them...

There are also some patches that allow divert sockets to be
attached to a bridging ipfw firewall.

Eric