* Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [071004 03:28] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > It's not worth my time to engage someone with your mind set, you
> > posses neither the technical nor interpersonal skill to be useful
> > to me.
>
> This could be the beginning of a wonderful friendship...
>
> > For context see my replies in this thread to Kip Macy which explains
> > how one deals with the false-problems you mention.
>
> I did read them, and I'm not convinced at all.  You are asking for a
> large amount of complexity to be added to the system, but you refuse to
> tell us what you're actually trying to do.  Are you worried that we
> might actually figure out a way to do it without raping the scheduler?

As already explained by Kip, the goal is to avoid switching out a
lock owner due to quantum exhaustion at an inopportune time.

We have needs that may wind up not being applicable to FreeBSD,
however if we can accomplish this in a way that is not too awful
we would likely be sharing the code, no matter how annoying you
make it. :)

--
- Alfred Perlstein