On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:26 PM, John Nielsen wrote:

The most straightforward approach is probably to review the output of your Xorg log, e.g. /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Output from the nvidia driver will be prefixed by NVIDIA (rather than VESA or NV if you were using a different driver).

There is also x11/nvidia-settings port. It's a control panel of sorts that will show you nvidia-specific information. In theory it lets you control some settings as well but personally I've never found it useful for that. YMMV.

JN

Yeah, I agree on both points:

1. Xorg.*.log will most likely yield the info you need about the nvidia driver. X -probe may as well.. 2. nvidia-settings was sort of useless for my purposes.. you may or may not discover that as well after using the tool. Its Windows counterpart is much more useful.

Cheers,
-Garrett