Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 04:43:48PM +0800, Tz-Huan Huang wrote:
On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 4:03 AM, Maslan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Your are right PAE is for i386, i mean try running i386 freebsd with
PAE enabled rather than amd64. PAE will let you access 64GB which is
far than you got.
The whole 8G physical memory is available in our system, the point we
concerned is that the kernel cannot use more than 2G memory in kernel
space.

Your concern is justified; I don't think Maslan understands what it is
you're describing.  Yes, there is a 2GB limit for kmem_size.  Yes, that
limit applies to both i386 (with or without PAE) and amd64.  Yes, it's a
problem.  And yes, it's absolutely a problem (especially when it comes
to ZFS).

Exactly. If you have to use ZFS in production I would suggest the new 2008.05 opensolaris.com live cd / installer
Since the server is on line now, we cannot re-install it to i386 to check this.
We'll try it if we have spare machines.

Don't bother -- it won't fix the problem you're reporting.