On 2008-Jun-08 10:24:53 +0300, Niki Denev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Has anyone thought about implementing an option
>to prepend all kernel console messages with timestamps,
>like Linux and Solaris do?

The only time I've seen Solaris do this is when the console message
is syslog'd - which FreeBSD also does.

>Is it just a matter of hacking up the kernel printf() implementation?

Pretty much.

>Any possible caveats?

The kernel works in UTC only and has only a very restricted ability
to translate between epoch seconds and a human-readable date/time
(it's currently only used to talk to the RTC).

--
Peter Jeremy