Andrey Chernov escribió:
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:40:24PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
For grep, I believe it should simply be a matter of calling setlocale(),
using wide strings, and using a multibyte regex engine (for appropriate
values of "simply").

See my prev reply telling more details. Using wide strings is not so easy, f.e. all ctype BSD grep now uses should be converted to wctype, input conversion added, etc.
I've started to work on doing this big change, the first step:
http://kovesdan.org/patches/grep-i18n.diff

It doesn't work though, each file is recognized as binary with this change. Do you have any idea, why this happens? What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Gabor