Hello.

On 2009-04-10 12:42:48, Robert Noland wrote:

> Are you running powerd by chance?  I was seeing an issue that seemed to
> be related to powerd.  Since I've disabled it on that box, it hasn't
> hung up any more.

I'm not running powerd, no.

> As far as drm is concerned, I've been running on an x1650 for probably a
> week now while working mostly on port stuff and I haven't seen any
> issues.  This is with full 3d and compiz running, etc...  So, if it is
> drm related... we are going to have to dig up some debugging info
> somehow...
>
> robert.

The system doesn't seem to have frozen since DRI/DRM was disabled.

I did have one crash/reboot whilst building a large number of packages
with tinderbox. I've currently got both tinderbox and a make -j 16
buildworld going on a loop in the hope that I can trigger it again.

Being the idiot I am, I had encrypted swap enabled and so savecore
didn't save anything. Won't make that mistake twice.

I'm currently using a world compiled WITH_DEBUG but is there anything
else I can do?

thanks,
xw