On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, krad wrote:
> simplest this to do is disable password auth, and use key based.

Your logs are still full of crap though.

I find sshguard works well, and I am fairly sure you couldn't spoof a
valid TCP connection through pf sanitising so it would be difficult
(nigh-impossible?) for someone to cause you to block a legit IP.

If you can, changing the port sshd runs on is by far the simplest work
around. Galling as it is to have to change stuff to work around
malicious assholes..

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum