On 11/26/14 15:08, Giuseppe Pagnoni wrote:
Dear all,

I apologize for reposting this here, by I am trying with no success to
make the camera on my laptop work under FreeBSD 10.1 i386. The laptop
is a Vaio VGN-SZ4XN/C, and the integrated webcam is a Ricoh-made one.
Under Linux, it is recognized as: "05ca:1835 Sony Visual Communication
Camera VGP-VCC5" and is supported by the driver r5u870.

I am unable to make it work under FreeBSD. I installed the packages:
- lib4l
- v4l_compat
- webcamd
- cuse4BSD-kmod

And entered in /boot/loader.conf:
cuse4bsd_load="YES"

and in /etc/rc.conf:
webcamd_enable="YES"

The camera is attached to usb 4.3. Now, if I enter:
# webcamd -d ugen4.3 -i 0 -v 0

I get:
Attached to ugen4.3[0]
webcamd: cannot find USB device

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Where is the source code for the "r5u870" driver? From a quick grep, it is not part of the webcamd package, unless it uses some of the standard USB video classes. Possibly you need to patch webcamd to build support for your hardware. NOTE: Binary Linux drivers will not work!

--HPS