On 11/23/18 6:51 PM, tech-lists wrote:
Hi,

On a 12.0-BETA2 system, am seeing lots of this in /var/log/messages:

uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished
uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished
uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished

last message repeated 496 times

There's only two things usb on this machine, a usb3 pci card (which has
nothing plugged into it) and a usb2 wireless key plugged into the usb
system built into the motherboard. It's detected as run0. The device
works fine, doesn't drop packets.

How can I debug this? Should I upgrade to 12-PRERELEASE (or whatever the
latest is) first?

Hi,

There hasn't been any USB changes in this area. Likely you have a broken or unsupported USB device, which doesn't enumerate properly. I see this on my computer with a USB bluetooth device, which because it doesn't receive valid firmware at first boot, becomes in-accessible. Maybe you can disable some such USB devices in the BIOS.

--HPS